Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Photographic Workshops Winter 2008, Holiday gift!!!!!!

Treat yourself or someone else on your holiday gift list to one of my winter workshops. I don't want you to miss out on this great opportunity!
As my holiday gift to you, I am offering a complimentary half hour private session to all who sign up by December 30th.

Mentoring High School Students
This autumn I had the opportunity to mentor six high school students. Topics included everything from how to properly use a camera to time exposures. On Halloween we took a field trip and they learned how to do ghost photography. The classes culminated in a student exhibit here at the gallery. At first, the kids were rather quiet and reserved but by the end of the ten weeks their enthusiasm was boundless and what they had learned was incredible. What surprised me, however, was my own personal growth. I fell in love with these kids. I can honestly say I don't know who got more out of these classes, the kids or myself. This program was such a joy to me that I have decided to offer classes this winter. I'd like others to experience what these high school students and I did. Below is a list of the classes I'll be offering. Please join me for the joy of learning more about photography. If you are unable to attend, maybe these classes would be perfect for someone on your holiday gift list. Remember, as my holiday gift to you, I am offering a complimentary half hour private session to all who sign up by December 30th.I wish all of you a Happy Holiday Season and nothing but the best in the New Year.

2008 Winter Classes

Basic Camera Handling You will learn how to use all the features on your camera whether it is digital or film in a fun fashion. The concentration will be on f Stops and shutter speeds. Another topic covered will be why one photograph works better than another.
4 weeks 7:00–9:00 Tuesday evenings beginning January 15th - $195

Aesthetics: This is a wonderful course to take after you understand your camera functions.How do you communicate through a photograph? What compositional techniques and aesthetic awareness’s do you need in order to get photographs you are truly happy with! My goal for you by the end of the course is to have a small portfolio of photographs that you are very proud of.
4 weeks 7:00 –9:00 Tuesday evenings beginning February 19th - $195

Hand Coloring: This is a wonderful one-day hands on class and is a favorite of many of my students of all ages! We will explore different hand coloring techniques, concentrating mainly on the use of color pencils. We will also explore different ways to tone a photograph and which papers hand color the best. By the end of the class you will have completed a few hand colored photographs to take home.
Saturday January 26th 10:00-4:00 - $165

Water and Ice in the Winter Landscape: Field TripWe will be traveling to one of Connecticut’s lovely state parks to photograph streams/ running water, ice and snow. Winter is such a magnificent time to photograph, and is filled with many challenges that we will address! Bring your camera, lots of film/cards and a tripod.
Saturday February 9th 10:00-4:00 -$165

Portraiture: We will have models available to photograph during this 4 week course. We will discuss and address: posing, lighting, equipment and creating ideal situations for you and your subjects.
4 weeks 7:00 –9:00 Tuesday evenings beginning March 25th - $195

General Information for all classes: Prior signup is required. Full payment is expected upon registration. In event of cancellation due to weather, you will be notified by phone call and the class will be rescheduled. Private instructions and gift certificates are available.