Monday, March 30, 2009

New Directions

It is a very exciting time for Laurie Klein Gallery!

We have moved into a new space and are planning some terrific renovations for the site and business.

This February I had the opportunity to go and teach classes at the Philharmonic Center for the Arts and Marco Island Art League in Florida. My friend Maria Ribar has been encouraging me to come down and teach there for years! She is an incredible supporter of my work so I decided to take her up on the offer. What an amazing experience I had while I was there! It helped me to remember how much I enjoy teaching classes and I realized that I would like to continue in that direction in the time ahead.

So, this year we will be offering a Summer Intensive for high school students and young adults who are serious about learning or pursuing photography. We will learn and discuss all aspects of photography, and have a group critiques. More details to follow.

I will continue mentoring high school students as I have done before because I believe it is so important for young people to have guidance in their art like I had when I was working with Ansel Adams.

And all of this is just the beginning!
We will be updating the site regularly with photo's, news, tips, and a new column from Nicole Cudzilo who is a student of mine.
So check back regularly to keep up with all of the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment