I am away from the cold and the snow, I am in the Bahama's in the light and in the warmth.
Around 3:30 am this morning magic happened. I woke up to a lightning storm way out to sea. It was in the clouds, hovering over the ocean. I watched it for awhile in awe. Then a speck of light appeared, traveling towards the lightning. As it moved closer it became brighter. Then it looked like a sail that was lit up by the approaching storm. Next it looked like a crescent shaped boat that glowed with the light. Am I dreaming? What was going on? As it grew brighter and higher on the horizon I realized it was the moonrise. Being so far south the moon rises as the mouth of the Cheshire Cat, smiling fooling my eyes, making me laugh and confusing me mind. I didn't have a tripod so I couldn't capture the rapture of the moonrise. So I captured it by watching it and being in awe. At sunrise I was able to take a photo, by then the moon changed its shape and I won't see the Cheshire Cat smiling again till tomorrow morning.
Monday, January 27, 2014
A beautiful surprise.
Posted by
Laurie Klein
at
Monday, January 27, 2014


No comments:
Post a Comment