Monday, March 22, 2010

"Points of Departure" Exhibit


I am beyond thrilled to have had 2 of my photographs selected in the "Points of Departure" exhibit at the Visarts Center in Rockville, MD. 743 photographs were submitted, 53 images were selected by 5 Jurors who are Canon's "Explorers of Light": Clay Blackmore, Joyce Tenneson, Steve Inglima, Gregory Heisler, and Eddie Tapp. Both of my images were in the top 10. AND, to my excitement a photograph I took of one of my mentoring students, Paige Zeitler took second place.
On a very personal note their facility includes the Monte Zucker Center for Photography, named after  a dear friend of mine who mentored me when I first came out of college. He would have been proud!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool!!! It was great to be able to watch the presentation! You and your photography are amazing! Wishing you many more play-days!

Melissa

Post a Comment