Saturday, September 15, 2012

Young Love


Move me melt me…..

Young love is brilliant, wistful, magical, creative, contagious and inspirational. To be privy to it is an honor that gives wings to hope and respect.

I spent time on one of my favorite places in the world, Fire Island, with my son and his girlfriend.  Spending time with the two of them has renewed my faith in love, kindness, relationships and the innocence of expectations.  They were like little kids, at time laughing at simple statements, getting excited by a smile, a sparkle, a deer walking by. Everything to them were moments of pleasure, experiencing things as if it was the first time they had ever happened. They didn’t take anything for granted. They exuded such passion, awe and wonderment. I want to be like them, I want to experience those feelings again. To see things through their eyes: non judgmental; not jaded; filled with love and the realization that moments ARE priceless. The air around them was filled with trust, bewilderment, excitement, love, respect and caring.

As they left to go back home on the Ferry I heard her say to him:
My sweet sweet boy……

As a mother I melted, my son has found a love that is precious and priceless.

I feel so gifted to have witnessed this. I crave this from another, as I think we all do, this respect and adoration in life.

After they left I stayed on Fire Island for 10 days, continually tapping back into the feelings they left me with. I channeled it into my creativity, my photography, journaling and designs for my new workshops. I am so grateful to them, for sharing their love and spirit with me. A priceless gift that I know will keep on giving.

We all can learn so much from young love.

Thank you Katie and Bryce!

No comments:

Post a Comment